Couture Creations - Botanical gift tag.

11:00:00 AM

Welcome to my first post for the Couture Creations Design Team - so exciting!
When I first laid my eyes on the quick release die paper I couldn’t believe that you would actually want to waste such pretty stuff! I mean seriously how would I cope? But then I started thinking, yes sure I could use small pieces for those intricate dies, but I would much rather use it to create something pretty like a gift tag or card. And so that’s what I did

I added a decorative strip of plastic die cut to the bottom of my tag for visual interest
the Sew Jo patterned paper worked perfectly under the delicate plastic strip adding colour and pattern without being invasive
hand dyed ribbon, buttons and a stamped sentiment was used a decorative details
the embossing adds a hint of texture - this may be my new favorite embossing folder
Here's how i created the elements for my tag
For the bottom of my tag i wanted to add a decorative strip. I used the packaging from one of my embossing folders and simply cut a piece of plastic from the front part. I used the Art Deco Border to cut the plastic packaging into a delicate and decorative edge
to add colour to the plastic packaging i used alcohol inks. The die cut strip was sewn onto the tag over a strip of patterned paper from my Sew Jo paper pad
I coloured my manilla tag with distress paint to add some colour to the base. You can use your heat gun to dry the paint quicker but i prefer letting things dry naturally
Once the paint was dry i covered the entire tag with a layer of adhesive - because i did not want the adhesive to show through the release paper i used a glue stick. I added the release paper and then burnished it to make it stick to the tag permanently. Trim off any excess release paper from the edges of your tag using your Couture Creations scissors.
Emboss the tag using the Velvet Tea Lights embossing folder. I love how the embossing adds a subtle texture to the release paper without interfering with the design on the paper at all
i hope you are inspired by this beautiful range of products and the stunning release paper!
Couture Creations Products used

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images