Christmas in July - gift wrapping, decor and ornament ideas.

5:13:00 AM

Sharing some ideas from my Christmas photo shoot in 2013 for The Christmas Magazine. Each year i hope to get organized and start prepping for the festive season really early (don't we all) - although the commercial side of it does put a damper on it all, there still is that magical true meaning side to it all.I love these rusty ornaments and especially this cake stand from my home - so I incorporated it into my decor and filled it with my handmade fabric wrapped baubles.
The photos were all taken on my old farmhouse style table i inherited (or got) from my dad's parents. I painted it white and sanded it to get just the perfect amount of chippiness to it.
more rusty urns filled with sweets and decorated with berry garlands
and finally some handmade quick and easy kid friendly decorations for the tree - Using buttons and ribbon to create miniature wreaths - add them to candles, around serviettes, on cupboard doors - and when you are done recycle them to create something else
Strips of torn fabric wrapped around and pinned to the top of a polystyrene ball and then a ribbon loop added with a decorative pin
simple gift wrapping ideas with brown paper and paper garlands to string on the tree
and an old recycled curtain ring covered in ribbon and a festive berry - quick and easy and earth friendly decorating
are you planning anything for Christmas in July to help you get an early start to your special season?

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images