Dressed Up Border Punch Card.

6:00:00 PM

It really is all in the details when it comes to creating with paper and punches. Punches are amazing tools that can help you add the necessary details to any projects in the smallest and simplest of ways. They can stand along wonderfully and together with other elements they shine just as bright. So how do I dress up my plain border punches to add interest to a project?
For this card I have found my new favourite border punch (sounds familiar right) – well I really have. The humble border punch filled with lots of little circles. Perfect in every way!
For my patterned paper I used the Kaisercraft Bow & Arrow range of papers that worked perfectly with my design.
Step 1 - I used the punch to punch a border from salmon pink cardstock and a brown patterned paper.
Step 2 - I then aligned the punched strips off-set from each other so that the pink would show through the back of the brown strip layered on top and adhere it to the background of my card.
Step 3 - I made small pierced holes using my Couture Creations paper piercer and sewed small pink seed beads to the inside of the punched circles using the pilot holes I made. I also added some thin gold straight stitches to the card from one hole to another connecting the punched circles to each other.
Although not that visible on the card – I truly adds the most beautiful texture and dimension in a subtle way to my punched border. It just goes to show, that the simplest of details really can made a difference to those everyday punched borders – making your basic tools more functional.
Products used

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images