Create Magazine Card project.

7:00:00 AM

 Today I am sharing the card I created with the wonderful sketch from the January issue 
 I love creating this card - initially i tried something a little different, just to come back to the beginning and realize it is so not me! The moral of the story - stick to what you know.
I ended up using a whole bunch of this created in a class and never used - I also now myself so well - classes are not for me LOL.
But in the end i love how it turned out.
 I used my normal white base cardstock, then added some scrap paper strips from Prima - these were all scraps from my scrap box under my table. Those beautiful pieces I can never part with.
The embossed detail was done on printed tissue paper adhered to a cardboard base. The base was created by adhering the tissue with gel medium and leaving it to dry. Then add the white embossed stamped image and then add colour using whatever ink or medium you prefer. Crakle stamping finishes off the look.
The arrow is a Sizzix die and coloured using different inks. I layered the arrow on top of the paper strips, followed by a cut out star and webster's phrase sticker, button and enamel dot. And of course there had to be hand sewn details on my card - life is so incomplete without sewing - lots of texture and detail!
This was a quick and easy card - and having a sketch to follow made things so much easier!
It just goes to show once again, that having some guidelines, lots of inspiration and a whole bunch of scraps really doe spay off!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images