Go.See.Do. Kaisercraft Wanderlust Layout!

7:44:00 AM

Everyone loves a nice travel layout, right! And when the papers is a perfect fit for seeing the world then bring it on. This was the case with the new Kaisercraft range of travel papers – Wanderlust. I knew the minute I saw the papers I wanted to scrap a friend’s photos from their travels to Egypt – the colours and the feel were a match made in well…crafty heaven.
For my layout I also called on my trusty Silhouette machine to cut some elements for my layout.
Step 1: I started off with an arrow design using the set of 4 cut out arrows. I ‘ungrouped’ the arrows and then used a single arrow to cut a large arrow from smooth AC cardstock. On the same sheet of cream cardstock I also cut my title ‘go.see.do’.
 Step 2: I coloured my title words using the MementoLuxe Rich Cocoa. Press the ink pad onto the die-cut repeatedly adding ink.
 Step 3: I applied pressure differently, because I wanted my words to not be inked solidly, but rather have darker and lighter areas to add interest. TIP: I used dimensional glaze to add a glossy finish to my words after adhering them to my finished layout, to avoid smudging the glaze.
 Step 4: The outer edges of my large arrow was inked with the MementoLuxe ink as well and then blended using a clean sponge dauber taking away a lot of the dark colour on the edges.
The inked elements add beautiful details to this layout without overpowering the photos. Browse the Silhouette shop to find gorgeous designs that will make your nest trip down memory lane extra special – and don’t forget to browse the website (click here) to browse the Wanderlust paper range, embellishments and stamps.
 I love how the Silhouette gives me freedom to add large titles and custom designed elements to my layouts. I further personalize my layout by adding techniques to my die-cuts.
 Add inking around the edges, as well as ink splashes to give the background some personality.
Products used

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images