Project Life details using the Xyron Creative Station.

8:05:00 AM

Welcome to May – can you believe how time flies? With the cooler weather our way here in the South I am creeping deeper into my craft space and catching up on my Project Life album. I am so excited to be incorporating the Xyron Creative Station in my Project Life. It sure has made some things so much easier. Today I am sharing a nice and easy tip, making your life a lot easier.

I like using delicate and sometimes not so delicate die-cuts into my Project Life layouts. But sometimes inking and adding colour to these die-cuts can be tricky. So here’s how I solved my dilemma Step 1 – Place the Permanent Adhesive cartridge into your Creative Station.
Step 2 – Die-cut some borders out of white cardstock. Feed the borders through the Xyron to add the adhesive.
Step 3 – Peel away the top plastic protective layer after removing the die-cuts from the machine.
Step 4 – While the die-cuts are still on the backing from the adhesive sheet, use a sponge to ink the die-cuts.
I used two different colours of ink to ink my borders, and then used a black ink to stamp a small pattern onto the borders.
TIP: By leaving the die-cuts on the backing sheet, you can easily ink, stamp and alter the plain white cardstock into something really special.
Step 5 – Remove the altered borders from the backing sheet and adhere it to your photos or project.
Step 6 – Use your Chiswick scissors to cut off any excess of the die-cut from your photo.
Step 7 – Add any additional embellishments and decorations to your die-cuts, and then insert them into your Project Life sleeves.
I love how the Xyron can make something so simple even easier. In a few easy steps I could cut, add adhesive and ink my borders without any issues.
The Adhesive backing paper comes in really handy as an inking surface eliminating unnecessary transfers onto a craft sheet. Have you bought yourself a Creative Station yet? Well i think now is a good time to do so – the possibilities are endless.
Acid-Free Permanent Adhesive Refill Cartridge (18′) xt1605
5″ Creative Station Machine xr0510
Head on over to the website to view all the products in the Xyron family available from Chiswick.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images